Quote of the day...

"... on that occasion she had felt great satisfaction deep down for the fact that [her son] gave her life a meaning far beyond any satisfaction she could derive from doctoral dissertations or archaeological digs. If there is a meaning in life it must be centred upon a person, she thought, nothing else. It had to be a person." (Henning Mankell: Kennedy's Brain)

Monday, June 13, 2011

Introducing... Charlotte Maudie Hazelwood

I can't believe how long it has been since my last blog post, although in my defence quite a lot has happened since then! Charlotte Maudie Hazelwood entered the world by c-section at 8.35am on Tuesday, 19 April, weighing a rather healthy 3870g and measuring 52cm in length. That was 8 weeks ago now and this is the first chance I've had to sit and write about it!


I am clearly not going to be able to recap on the past 2 months in a single blog post so I won't even try but over the coming days I hope to catch people up on my experiences since the birth and in the future I plan to use this blog as a weekly record of Charlotte's development. It will be a good way for me to record when milestones are achieved and the ups and downs of parenthood as we go through it all!

1 comment:

  1. Great to see you back here. Will look forward to your updates, but I also plan to keep up to date in face-to-face encounters. I'll babysit while you blog!

    ReplyDelete