Quote of the day...

"... on that occasion she had felt great satisfaction deep down for the fact that [her son] gave her life a meaning far beyond any satisfaction she could derive from doctoral dissertations or archaeological digs. If there is a meaning in life it must be centred upon a person, she thought, nothing else. It had to be a person." (Henning Mankell: Kennedy's Brain)

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Taking bets...

In two weeks time I'm having my morphology scan to determine that the foetus is healthy and all is progressing normally. Part of this scan can also be to tell you the gender of the baby, providing he/she is cooperating and sitting in the right position.

So I'm taking bets as to what 'vibes' people are having about gender... K's son says it's a boy; my work colleague NL says it's a boy; but then today someone who apparently has 'never been wrong' with her vibes about the sex of babies has said it will be a girl. According to the Chinese lunar calendar, it will be a girl.

What do you think it will be??

4 comments:

  1. Well as you know, if it's a girl you'll be breaking what looked like becoming a three-generation tradition (we 3 sisters had 4 daughters and so far there are three grand-daughters)! But you've never been a meek follower, so I wouldn't be surprised if the little sprout sprouts a willy!
    (Granma-to-be)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you mean if it's not a girl I would be breaking that tradition... I'm hoping for a boy but something inside me says girl...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that something inside you a SPROUT?!

    I suspect boy, and I'm usually pretty good, although when it has been friends not in the same city as me, my powers seem somewhat diluted...

    Thinking of you lots,
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm suspecting a boy and not so secretly hoping for a girl :-)

    ReplyDelete